DB2 Commands: db2relocatedb

1. Abul Farhan says:

Need Help,

I want to relocate tablespaces containers to a separate volume, i am using following procedure but unfortunately getting some error.

Method db2relocatedb

Configuration File

$ cat relocatedb.cfg
    DB_NAME=FUNDAMO
    DB_PATH=/proddb
    INSTANCE=db2inst1
    STORAGE_PATH=/proddb/FUNDAMO/db2inst1/NODE0000/FUNDAMO/T0000005/C0000000.USR,/syslogs/FUNDAMO/db2inst1/NODE0000/FUNDAMO/T0000005/C0000000.USR
    Error
    =====
    $ db2relocatedb -f relocatedb.cfg

DBT1006N The file/device “/syslogs/FUNDAMO/db2inst1/NODE0000/FUNDAMO/T0000005/C0000000.USR/db2inst1” could not be opened.
    Following is the releven information.

$ db2 list active databases
    Active Databases
    Database name = FUNDAMO
    Applications connected currently = 0
    Database path = /proddb/db2inst1/NODE0000/SQL00001/

$ db2 list tablespace containers for 5

Tablespace Containers for Tablespace 5

Container ID = 0
    Name = /proddb/FUNDAMO/db2inst1/NODE0000/FUNDAMO/T0000005/C0000000.USR
    Type = File

Tablespace ID = 5
    Name = ALFPF
    Type = Database managed space
    Contents = All permanent data. Regular table space.
    State = 0x4000
    Detailed explanation:
    Offline

2. Abul Farhan says:

$ db2relocatedb -f relocatedb.cfg

DBT1006N The file/device “/syslogs/FUNDAMO/db2inst1/NODE0000/FUNDAMO/T0000005/C0000000.USR/db2inst1″ could not be opened.

Is the database currently using AST for the tablespace in question? It looks to me as though it is expecting storage paths, and you are providing container paths.

• syef@pkibm.com says:

I am not clear about AST for tablespaces pleasegive me moredetails about AST.

While it is fact i am providing containers path because in documentation i found the same.
        MY key object to relocate tablespace to balance Filesystem I/O. some of critical tablespace i want to move on seprate filesystem.
        Please Advise.
        Also let me know i will storage path then how i will create stoareg path. before executing db2relocatedb.

I would recommend posing the question on one of the forums – db2-l or dba.stackexchange.com or developerWorks forums. I’ve never seen this particular error before.

3. Kovthe says:

My db2relocatedb command ran successfully. The database which I relocated was primary database in hadr setup. After relocating, when i check the hadr status, it’s up and working, but when i list the db directory, its displays just the new db name. My question is, when the db sample got relocated, and it did not had a catalog entry, how the activate and db2pd command on db sample(old name) worked. Below are the steps I peformed

[db2inst1@labserver ~]$ db2 deactivate db sample
    DB20000I The DEACTIVATE DATABASE command completed successfully.
    [db2inst1@labserver ~]$ db2relocatedb -f relocatedb.cfg
    Files and control structures were changed successfully.
    Database was catalogued successfully.
    DBT1000I The tool completed successfully.
    [db2inst1@labserver ~]$ db2 activate db sample
    DB20000I The ACTIVATE DATABASE command completed successfully.
    [db2inst1@labserver ~]$ db2pd -db sample -hadr

Database Partition 0 — Database SAMPLE — Active — Up 0 days 00:00:12 — Date 2014-11-24-12.11.17.924704

HADR Information:
    Role State SyncMode HeartBeatsMissed LogGapRunAvg (bytes)
    Primary Peer Sync 0 0

Alternate server port number =

My relocatedb cfg is

DB_NAME=SAMPLE,TESTDB
    DB_PATH=/home/db2inst1
    INSTANCE=db2inst1

SAMPLE database was also defined in /home/db2inst1

Unfortunately, I don’t have an answer for you on that one. Though I’d love to hear it when you do find one. You might consider asking IBM support. I usually find sev 4 pmrs frustrating, but can sometimes get the answer I need out of them.