Looking at How Much Memory DB2 is Using

1. Shivam says:

Thanks a lot, it was really very helpful, as I was faing stat_hp_sz issue

2. murali says:

Ember ur my best tutor, one more superb tutorial..

3. balaks says:

DB2 10.1 application heap size memory leak. The table functioned mentioned on this website helped us track the rogue connections and force them off. Thank a lot !

4. Prasad says:

Thanks Ember. That helped me to understand the Issues with my applheapsz that is being used by the application.

You are the perfect tutor.

5. Allan says:

Thanks for all the right up and set of useful sample commands. I’d like to add to your list for instance level memory usage try:

$ db2pd -dbptnmem

Cheers,
    Allan

6. harishkumar says:

Hi,
    I was trying to understand IO Block Size for Blocking Cursors or Row Blocking when returning a huge result set.
    I am facing limitation of 10 MB for Block Size in Agent Private Memory(ASLHEAPSZ set to 2500).
    If i set it to 3000, it will Block but only 400 KB.
    Is there any limit or should i set some thing else.
    Please note it is only a question for learning, not a real time scenario.
    Thanks,
    Harish Pathangay

7. nitesh says:

What is the best approach to find out application handle which is causing high swap in Linux System ?

8. alexandre says:

Hi Ember

im new to 10.5, but im trying to determine if there are any differences between how 9.5 and 10.5 fp7 uses instance_memory setting. I do have more than one intance in my machines and sometimes its blurry to see how can i limit the amount of memory i could set to a given instance and their “child” databases

i have been using this doc as reference to the matter

Thanks so much for your time

9. Narendra Balla says:

hi, how can we check list of 10 applications which is consuming more CPU in db2

It is often hard to look at from the application level without a tool such as DSM or DBI. If you’re talking about from the connection level, the MON_GET_CONNECTION table function will allow you to see the CPU time used by each connection.