Multiple Instances in DB2 for Linux/UNIX and in DB2 for Windows

1. Andres Gomez says:

Sometimes, changing the current instance from the same user is not easy nor fast. In order to improve this task, I created a script that ease this process: https://github.com/angoca/db2admintools/blob/master/bin/db2env

2. AVManojkumar says:

HI Ember,
    How are u.I have a small doubt when creating instance like can i assign multiple fenced users for single instance.If yes,May i know how to do that(can u name out syntax also)

Thanks&Regards
    AVManoj Kumar

I always go with one fenced user for each instance. I don’t think you can have more than one for a single instance. You could theoretically use the same fenced user for multiple DB2 instances on a server, but I think that would be a bad idea.

3. avmk says:

can i add multiple fenced ids to single instance??if yes can u pls say.

4. AVManojKumar says:

1 server with 5 instances, each instance different version, how we can list out all the instances with that versions in 1 command ???

There is no way that I know of to do it. db2ilist would only list the instances for the code copy or path that it was executed from.

5. Anmol Masson says:

How to connect to different instances in a windows server?? eg. I executed db2ilist command on the db2CLI on windows server and got 3 instances DB2, QUIDRO & PLCAT. but by default it connected to only DB2 and showed its databases. Now I want to connect to other instances. How to do that, Kindly advise..!!

If they’re all on the same copy, you simply need to set the DB2INSTANCE environment variable. This can be done in a command window using `set DB2INSTANCE=QUIDRO` or at a PowerShell command line using `set-item -path env:DB2INSTANCE -value QUIDRO`

1. August 4, 2015